Vacation Feeding

maia

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm leaving to go on vacation for 11 days in two weeks. I know that the fish can be left without food for less than a week, but what should I do since I'm going to be gone for longer? I have a flatmate who I was thinking about making little baggies and having her put the food in. But how often? Every other day the whole time, or for the first five days I'm gone and then nothing the next five days, or just maybe three times total... Ideas?

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
If you want your flatmate to help with the feeding here's what I did when I went on a cruise. I bought one of those pill despencer thingys, they like have the days of the week on them. I put enough food for two feedings a day in each little container, and told my mother-in-law to feed half in the morning and half in the evening. But since you're gonna be gone for 11 days, I agree with the automatic feeder. You can find one at your lfs or at Wal-Mart.
Have a wonderful vacation!!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They probably could go that long without food, but I wouldn't try it. I wouldn't risk an automatic feeder in case somehting goes wrong with it. What you could do is have someone come feed the fish like every other day. Put enough food for one feeding in a plastic bag and label it with when to feed. Every other day will hold them over until you're back, but you wont have as much risk of overfeeding.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The day labeled pill containers work out wonderfully for doing this.

Dino

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom