Vacation Feeding For Betta

Shorb

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hey! So at the end of June I’ll be going away for 5 days. I have a 10 gallon with 1 betta and 10 Amano Shrimp. I’m afraid that if my betta gets too hungry he’ll go after the shrimps. So far, they coexist beautifully, and aside from a few curious chases my betta boy has no problem with the shrimp. And I’m not worried about feeding the shrimps since they have all they need to eat in the tank. I’ve been away that long without feeding my betta, but that was before he had friends in his tank.

Do y’all think there’s a possibility that my betta will go after the shrimps in those 5 days? If so, Is there anything I can do to lower those chances? Thanks

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Your fish and shrimp will be fine for 5 days without food, and he shouldn't be starving enough to bother the Amanos in that time period. You could always use a tank divider while you're gone if you're really worried?

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
TexasDomer said:
Your fish and shrimp will be fine for 5 days without food, and he shouldn't be starving enough to bother the Amanos in that time period. You could always use a tank divider while you're gone if you're really worried?
Don't use vacation feeders as they hardley contain nutrition for the fish /inteverts and all they really manage to do is make the water dirty, your fish and shrimp should be fine and if your shrimp has places to hide where the betta cannot get to, they should be fine. And plus betta's aren't champion swimmers and shrimp are pretty athletic so the betta wouldn't easily be able to catch it . Plus if you have ghost shirmp / amano shrimp, it would be harder for the betta to spot since they are clear and blend in with the surroundings

Shorb

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oooo good Idea with the tank divider! I’m just a really paranoid fish mom haha
Yes I’ve watched my betta try to get the shrimps but they’re all too fast for him. Maybe I don’t have anything to worry about after all

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Feed a little more before going(1-2 more pellets).

The, do a 50% WC. Your fish and shrimp will be good.

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Will you have anyone at home that could feed or someone coming over? If so get one of those pill boxes, you know, Sunday through Saturday, with the little boxes, and put how much you feed each day in each box. If not, they'll be fine. Just feed more in the week or two going up to it, and do a 50% water change day of.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads