USPS fail

1. Mer-max

Mer-max Well Known Member Member

Well, I would have my new diffuser today but the mail lady didn't come. They said they had no response and that they left a notice. . .

I've searched the entire property for this " notice "

My wife was home all day waiting for it, and the only thing we got was from UPS, which was my co2 checker.

Our outgoing mail was still in the mailbox. . .

Our mail lady sucks. One time she wrote on some of our mail " to slick ". And I didn't get what it meant until I figured out she meant the dirt road was TOO slick. On that day it was damp, not bad at all. She drives a jeep and my wife drives a smaller SUV type car so I know if she can make it with no problem ( she's not a great driver ) the mail girl could have. Laziness. . . Wanting to get off early. . . Wanting to keep the car clean? I dunno.

I don't see why she would " leave a notice" and not pick up the out going mail. . .

Smells fishy to me. . .

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Thats frustrating. At least it wasn't live fish!

3. Meeps83

Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

We live in a newer subdivision and we're the only home on the block. We probably only get mail 3 times/week. When I called the post office, their excuse was that there was "a replacement working last week". I just think they're too lazy and/or want to get off of work on time.

4. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4C Well Known Member Member

No worries...ups tried to jam something between my front doors and never closed my storm door and the wind ripped the entire word frame apart and been trying to get compensated ever since

5. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

OH! I just now got your fishy joke.

Good one! :D

6. OP
    OP
    Mer-max

I sent them an email with all the details. I'm afraid to order live fish for this very reason. I purposely put my wife's car in the ditch on the muddiest part to prove to myself we have one of the better roads. Didn't get stuck. Just slid a little. They are supposed to redeliver today sometime. I hope it actually makes it.

7. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

I gave up on the USPS a long time ago. I have never had one problem with FedX or UPS. I have had thousands of dollars of fairly sensitive photo gear, and glass aquarium products shipped through them, not one claim.

Makes me sad, there was a time when the USPS was something to take great pride in.

8. OP
    OP
    Mer-max

Yeah. I really hope it makes it today. I didn't know it was going USPS , I figured it would be ups like the normal stuff from amazon. I actually ordered the USPS stuff before the ups and the ups stuff already arrived. There's no more pride in doing a good job or the right thing. I dot believe any of the " heartwarming " ppl post on Facebook about good deeds lol

9. slimeneo

slimeneo Valued Member Member

Well it might just be that one worker who is too lazy to deliver it; my experience with USPS has been positive (mostly) so far. I've mailed something that got "missent" but was still delivered pretty quickly. You have to realize that USPS is cheaper than FedEx or ups, if FedEx/ups had similar problems I doubt people would be willing to pay more... So of course FedEx/ups is a lot better than USPS.

10. OP
    OP
    Mer-max

Yeah, I wasn't downing the whole system, just my mail woman. Shipping was 3.99 , for the record. At least that's what the company charged, I doubt it actually was!

11. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

When I receive live fish, I have it sent to my P.O. Box so that it doesn't go out on the truck. Much easier that way.

12. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

My USPS has been pretty good, they've only done little stuff I can overlook like leaving packages on the hood of one of our vehicles when I hear about stories like you guys'. Choosing not to deliver at all just because of a little dirt and breaking storm doors?

You guys got it worse than I did. Maybe it's time for a change of location, eh?

13. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

From what I've seen, the express service usps contracts their packages out to fedex or ups.

I've used USPS for a LOT of priority packages and 95+% of them have been delivered within 2 to 3 days with fish casualties being really rare and many of those end up being a result of being left out in the weather by the person receiving the package.

If you have issues with a delivery driver for USPS have a meeting with the station manager. Not getting your mail delivered is a big deal.

14. OP
    OP
    Mer-max

They delivered it. Just stuck it in the mailbox. . . Strange since it was a confirm delivery thing. And that they " left a notice" yesterday. .