Using Thrive With Seachem?

frostmystique

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hey guys

I recently just started up my very first planted tank. I purchased Thrive as I heard it was the best all in one fertiliser. However I’ve had some issues with delivery and what was originally supposed to arrive when I was setting up the tank is now arriving in late September/October.

Therefore, I think I need to buy some kind of general fertiliser that I can get at my local aquarium. However I don’t want to waste my money on getting something that won’t necessarily be useful when the Thrive arrives. I have heard of people dosing both Thrive and Seachem flourish comprehensive to make up for some of the nutrients.

I was thinking of buying the Seachem Fundamentals pack which comes with 100mL bottles of Flourish comprehensive, Excel and Iron. I am already seeing some signs of iron deficiency so I feel like this would be the most useful to me. They also come in pretty small bottles which seems like a good thing because I won’t be using as much when the Thrive arrives.

I basically just want to know if other people have any other kind of experience with dosing Thrive with Seachem. I’m also curious to know how people plan out the dosage of excel, flourish and iron throughout the week.

At the moment I only have a couple of plants in a small tank, planted in Fluval stratum. Thank you in advance!

Giul

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What kind of plants do you have and are you using co2? I found that I only really use excel for though algae (H2O2 is another alternative) and I haven’t touched my flourish comprehensive since I received my Thrive. I do however dose iron for my dwarf lily and it appreciates that

frostmystique

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What kind of plants do you have and are you using co2? I found that I only really use excel for though algae (H2O2 is another alternative) and I haven’t touched my flourish comprehensive since I received my Thrive. I do however dose iron for my dwarf lily and it appreciates that
At the moment I only have three different species, Anubias, Java fern and a S. Repens carpet. I’m hoping to add some more though to fill up the tank more such as some floating plants. I have no Co2 at all. The only reason I want to add some kind of fertiliser is because I feel like they are needing it. I can see visually that some leaves of the Anubias are yellowing, and the leaves of the Java fern are changing colour too.
The reason I ask is because I’ve heard although Thrive is pretty comprehensive, people still add flourish to add some of the stuff the Thrive doesn’t have? I’d love to hear some opinions on this! Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom