Using Spring Water for Water Changes Question

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
I did a Search and nothing came back.  I know the information must be here somewhere but wasn't in the Betta or Miscellaneous Freshwater sections.

I just want to be sure...

When using spring water, you don't have to use conditioner??

Is there any chance that chlorine, cloramines or heavy metals are in it??

Thanks
((Everybody))

****, just checked and I got Drinking Water by mistake when I meant to get Spring Water but will get Spring so...

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Why you using spring water?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No you do not need to use the dechlorinating agent when you use either Drinking water or Spring water. The Drinking water is really reverse-osmosis water and is fine for tanks but the Spring water has some minerals in it that the fish will need eventually. R/O water (drinking water) is used by a lot of aquarists though .... they buy the units and have them installed to their home water supply and if a person is going to use it in large or multiple tanks for a long period, that would probably be the way to go and then just add a good vitamin supplement to the water according to directions. It will save a ton of money over buying it. I use the Spring water in the summer when the tap water cannot be used and I still give my tanks a vitamin supplement a couple times a week. ~ 52 weeks a year.

Rose

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Golden Fish said:
Why you using spring water?
Hi Golden Fish

The reason I'm using Spring Water is a silly reason, heh.

I needed gallon jugs to premake up my conditioned water for water changes. I have tons of jugs but they're all milk jugs cleaned out and saved for hurricane season.

I needed gallon jugs that's only had water in it so I bought 6 gallons so I can use the jugs afterward and since I have the water, I wanted to use it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom