Using Purigen.

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m thinking of starting to use Puigen in my filter I have never used it befor can anyone help with telling me the pros and cons of using it or do I even need it my tank is well established been running for almost 2 years in my 75 gal senses I up graded from a 40 gallon which was running for about 7 years My prameters are ammonia 0ppm nitrites 0ppm nitrates 10-20ppm PH 7.8 temp 77f-78f. Water is always Chrystal clear. I run two filters a fluval 404 and aquatop cf300 with 8x turn over. I hope this is all the info I need to help.

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No I have not had any issues with water quality I have massive amounts of biological in my filters and I do 40-50% water changes every Sunday. My filter circulation is almost 5x turn over on my tank. A little over filtered I’d say lol.

Morpheus1967

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
grump299 said:
No I have not had any issues with water quality I have massive amounts of biological in my filters and I do 40-50% water changes every Sunday. My filter circulation is almost 5x turn over on my tank. A little over filtered I’d say lol.
No such thing as over filtered lol. I have always done a minimum of 8-10x turnover when filtering.

But I agree with the others. If you are not having any issues with water quality, I wouldn't mess with it at all.

grump299

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks everyone I think I will just stick to what is working and not play with a good thing it works for me. So if it's not broken don't fix it lol..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom