Using Outdoor Decor

ayeayeron

erinw347 submitted a new resource:

Using Outdoor Decor - A brief guide of how to make things taken from the outdoors safe for your aquarium.

Are you too broke to spend $50 on driftwood from the LFS? Do you have rocks near your house that would look perfect in your aquarium? Do you want me to shut up and get to the point? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this article is for you.

The first step to taking things from the outdoors is making sure you’re ALLOWED to. Just make sure that the plant you want to take isnt an endangered species, or you’re not taking something from an area where it’s not allowed.

Now...

Read more about this resource...

AngelfishDude722

I actually have a bunch of rocks from my backyard in my tank and guess what... They look amazing!

Upvote 0

ayeayeron

I actually have a bunch of rocks from my backyard in my tank and guess what... They look amazing!
Awesome! Just make sure to look into what kind of rock it is! I used basalt from my yard and there have been no issues. (After cleaning it ofc)

Upvote 0

AngelfishDude722

Awesome! Just make sure to look into what kind of rock it is! I used basalt from my yard and there have been no issues. (After cleaning it ofc)
Oh yeah I made sure they were a good type of rock

Upvote 0

Fisch

I like this article, was waiting for somebody to encourage the personal way. I have a poplar knothole in my tank, a rock I found in a canyon here in Utah, rocks from Lake Michigan and Superior. All has so much more personality, it may not be pretty for other people, but I love it as every bit in this tank has a history.
Went a bit of overboard though, as I soaked and cleaned for 6 weeks, and cooked for two hours...

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ouse
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • Question
Replies
Views
SomyaValecha