Using Nilocg Thrive In 10 Gallon Planted Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BettaBliss, Apr 20, 2017.

1. BettaBlissValued MemberMember

Hello! I have some low light low tech plants in my betta's 10 gallon tank. I have a Finnex Stingray aquarium light on there as well. The Brazillian pennywort in my tank had started dying so I purchased Nilocg Thrive plant fertilizer. I have not dosed it yet. What is the best way to dose? Should I mix the liquid fertilizer into a cup of water first, or should I put the liquid fertilizer directly into the aquarium?
    The instructions have also confused me. Are they saying to do a water change after dosing the fertilizer, or before, or weekly?
    20170420_165219.jpg

2. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

I would say it's suggesting weekly water changes but I don't have any experience with that particular product. When I dose seachem florish I put it directly into the tank near the filter or air stone just so that it gets moved around and isn't just hanging in the water.

Hope that helps a bit.

3. BettaBlissValued MemberMember

Thank you!:)

4. dcutl002Well Known MemberMember

Dose 3 days a week. Pump directly into the water is fine. On day 7 perform a 50% water change. That is all there is to it.

I use separate Macro and Micro solution...that is 6 days a week and water change on day 7.