Using Nilocg Thrive In 10 Gallon Planted Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BettaBliss, Apr 20, 2017.

1. BettaBlissValued MemberMember

Hello! I have some low light low tech plants in my betta's 10 gallon tank. I have a Finnex Stingray aquarium light on there as well. The Brazillian pennywort in my tank had started dying so I purchased Nilocg Thrive plant fertilizer. I have not dosed it yet. What is the best way to dose? Should I mix the liquid fertilizer into a cup of water first, or should I put the liquid fertilizer directly into the aquarium?
    The instructions have also confused me. Are they saying to do a water change after dosing the fertilizer, or before, or weekly?
    20170420_165219.jpg

2. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

I would say it's suggesting weekly water changes but I don't have any experience with that particular product. When I dose seachem florish I put it directly into the tank near the filter or air stone just so that it gets moved around and isn't just hanging in the water.

Hope that helps a bit.

3. BettaBlissValued MemberMember

Thank you!:)

4. dcutl002Well Known MemberMember

Dose 3 days a week. Pump directly into the water is fine. On day 7 perform a 50% water change. That is all there is to it.

I use separate Macro and Micro solution...that is 6 days a week and water change on day 7.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice