Using more than 1 filter

EricDRubin

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My 38 gallon non planted freshwater tank has been running a Fluval Aquaclear 70 since I first started the tank 2 years ago. I'm venturing into the world of planted tanks and also want to add filtration.
I have a good offer on a Fluval 207 and 307 canister but not sure which to get. Would a 307 and Aquaclear 70 together be too much output?
What's your votes. Aquaclear 70 and a 207 or Aquaclesr 70 and a 307.
This guy is only offering this deal for another day or 2 so wanna decide asap. Thanks all!

erinw347

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It depends on what kind of fish you’re keeping. Some fish like moving water, some like still water.

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd just go with the 70 and 307. Can't hurt to go a little bigger. plants will appreciate the added flow anyway

OP
E

EricDRubin

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
erinw347 said:
It depends on what kind of fish you’re keeping. Some fish like moving water, some like still water.
Right now its lightly stocked (on purpose since I'm moving and waiting to reestablish the tank). Currently have 2 serpae tetra, 3 harlequin rasboras, 2 honey gourami, and some bandit/sterbai Cory's. Yes I know they need schools. They were in schools but had a bad die off a few months back and decided to not restock until moving. I love the rasboras and will increase their numbers soon. May add neon tetras.

New Threads