Using Metro....

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I need to use Metro in my display tank. It's what the fish store suggested for internal Parasites, in light of the fact that I own Khulis, and they're sensitive to meds.

I also have

Two Mystery Snails
5 MTS(which I actually want to keep)
unknown quantity of pond snails, which I'm not at all concerned about

Question:
I need to treat both my main tank, and also my Q/T, which is holding some new Rosy Red Minnows...so I'm not sure where I could move my snails to if I pull them----are they sensitive to this med? I have never lost a snail to Fungas Guard, but I've never used Metro before. Do I need to find them a temporary home??

I DO have a 5gallon with filter, which I use to water the dog and cats...it has been up for 3 weeks, and the pest snails seem happy in it...not sure how they got there, they must have been laid before I tore the tank down and set it up for a watering hole lol. I could check parameters on that, and see if it's cycled.....wasn't really paying much attention to it other than to keep it full. I was very surprised to notice life in that tank lol! Must be the dog slobber feeding the cycle

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We really need a yuck or gross rating. Lol

But yes, your best bet is to remove the snails. They’re very susceptible to anti fungal meds. And Metro is a good one. I’m sorry. You could add them to the slobber reservoir.

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know right?

Dog slobber cycle-gross!

I'll check parameters, make sure there's an actual cycle going on there. I never actually treated the water, just added fresh tap water daily because no fish were in the tank. I'm holding on the meds for now, until I get some Focus- SO if the cycles not steady I can kick-start it with some media

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I ran out of Ammonia test...but it looks like my dog-slobber tank is in the Nitrite phase, so that's a no-go for Mystery snails.

Hopefully they'll be OK in a juice jug for a week-that's the only thing I can think of at this point..my 2.5 gallon betta tank has salt in it and I already started the Metro in the QT

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I ran out of Ammonia test...but it looks like my dog-slobber tank is in the Nitrite phase, so that's a no-go for Mystery snails.

Hopefully they'll be OK in a juice jug for a week-that's the only thing I can think of at this point..my 2.5 gallon betta tank has salt in it and I already started the Metro in the QT
Snails get food be happy. You got this.
Maybe they like slobber. Ewwww.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom