Using Car Shade As A Divider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey, so my angels have laid eggs on the filter intake in one of my community tanks, which means I can't just collect them and drop them into another tank. I couldn't find any dividers large enough for my tank locally, so I was wondering if it's safe to use a car window shade? The mesh shades you put over your rear windows. Thanks.

Please move this thread to the appropriate space if it's in the wrong place

yasha

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can't really answer your question but plastic mesh canvas is cheap and easy to find(I got mine from a craft store). They have it in smaller and lager sheets. if they still don't fit you can tie or sew them together to fit the size you need. The Plastic PVC File Slide Binder was a little harder for me to find but did get them from dollar store also find them at a office max.

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would be worried that it is coated with something that wouldn't be fish safe. Some sort of spray or lacquer of some sort.

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can't really answer your question but plastic mesh canvas is cheap and easy to find(I got mine from a craft store). They have it in smaller and lager sheets. if they still don't fit you can tie or sew them together to fit the size you need. The Plastic PVC File Slide Binder was a little harder for me to find but did get them from dollar store also find them at a office max.
Yeah, I looked into that last night and plan on going out today to get the supplies.. Thanks!

Thanks Allie, I didn't end up using it out of worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom