Using an out if date test kit

HakeyrKelly

So I have an api master kit that expired a year or two ago, I think I'm getting one for Christmas so can I wait until then and use the expired one? I've just cycled a new tank and about to put fish in, but not sure on readings since idk if I should use the expired kit or not, I did for my fist tank and the levels are all fine... thoughts?

Sleepyflea

HakeyrKelly said:
So I have an api master kit that expired a year or two ago, I think I'm getting one for Christmas so can I wait until then and use the expired one? I've just cycled a new tank and about to put fish in, but not sure on readings since idk if I should use the expired kit or not, I did for my fist tank and the levels are all fine... thoughts?
Not sure if i would trust the test levels. Those are chemical reactions that are being created and if the chemicals are old they may not work correctly.

AcornTheBetta

HakeyrKelly said:
I honestly wouldn't risk it. I would just spend the money to get a new test kit that for sure works rather than putting livestock on the line based off false readings.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom