Using All Equipment From A Cycled Tank To Newly Set Up Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Yoyo, Jul 20, 2017.

1. YoyoNew MemberMember

Hi all,

Just wondering, I have a cycled 60G glass tank. The water parameters has been really good for past couple of months. I just bought a used 60G acrylic tank, was planning to clean it really good and start using it. My question now is if I transfer all my equipments from the 60G cycled tank from the new 60G tank how much will that affect on cycling the new tank? Will that be an instant cycle?

The equipment I have on the cycled tank are: Penguin Bio Wheel 350, 1 large sponge filter, 1 medium sponge filter, some aquarium decors and a wave maker. My cycled tank is bare bottom and so is the new one and I am planning to keep it bare bottom.

Thank you,

2. Littlebudda

LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

Yep instant cycle

3. FishFish221

FishFish221Well Known MemberMember

4. OP
    OP
    Y

YoyoNew MemberMember

I won't have any problems adding all my fish right away?

Thank you,

5. FishFish221

FishFish221Well Known MemberMember

You would still have to acclimate them, but you won't have to cycle the tank.

6. Littlebudda

LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

If it's all the same fish it will be the same bioload so you should be fine

7. OP
    OP
    Y

YoyoNew MemberMember

Yes everything basically is the same just a different tank and water.

Thank you so much for all the help.

8. Whitewolf

WhitewolfWell Known MemberMember

The only thing you need to transfer is a used dirty filter pad and you can instantly cycle any tank. In fact you can instantly cycle like 20 tanks with a single dirty filter pad whoishef around in the water or better yet in a 5 gallon bucket then pour the bacterial water into multiple tanks

9. OP
    OP
    Y

YoyoNew MemberMember

Thank you,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice