Using a rock from outside that might have calcium?

fishietank

I need a very flat rock to weigh something down and I found the perfect rock outside (I don’t seem to have anything in my house for this)

I took it inside and poured white vinegar on it to test if it had calcium and it did fizz a little bit. Is it really that bad to use a rock with some calcium in a shrimp tank? People say that it might alter the pH, but with weekly water changes, it really doesn’t seem like it would alter it that much….

PeterFishKeepin

im not sure i can help you much but i did use sandstone rocks from my yard and did the vinegar test and it didnt fizz they are fine in my tank..

I also collected some river rocks that had loads of type hole kinda things it it and it slightly fizzed, i am yet to noticed any issues with having them in my tank.

Upvote 0

fishietank

im not sure i can help you much but i did use sandstone rocks from my yard and did the vinegar test and it didnt fizz they are fine in my tank..

I also collected some river rocks that had loads of type hole kinda things it it and it slightly fizzed, i am yet to noticed any issues with having them in my tank.
Thanks for sharing your experience

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishietank
Replies
Views
Houdini5150
  • Question
Replies
Views