Using A Fry Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Livielupop, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Livielupop

Livielupop Valued Member Member

How do I use a fry tank is my main deal. I get how to use a breeder box and things in my main tank but I don't understand really the details in using a fry tank. I'm interested in having one when I move to a 29 gallon but I've started to think about how I will use it in like depth. I mean this by like when you out the mother in to drop the fry how should you do so? Is there some other way in using it? Like do you just use a breeder box then move fry to grow in the tank or like actually have the mother release fry into the tank when you move her? I just really want them to survive and want to know the best way to do so.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I think how it works is that when the mother is about to give birth or looks like she will drop very soon, you move her to the fry tank. Once she drops all the fry, you move the mother back to the main tank

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    Livielupop

So do I just put her directly from one tank to another or is there a process to get her nice a cozy in the fry tank

4. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

Make sure there are lots of hiding places. At the top and bottom of the tank.

5. OP
    OP
    Livielupop

Will do:)

6. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

Well for my cichlid fry. They get a filter, heater, circ pump, and a few rocks. Fry tanks are all about maximizing growth and number of fry that survive. This means super clean water.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice