USF- Unidentified Swimming Fish

Prasheen

Reaction score
gud mornin/afternoon/evening 2 ev1. i bought a molly and im not sure that it is a mollie coz it dont look lyk any that i've bought b4. she was in the same tank with other mollies but im still not certain heres pics

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think it is a molly, only unusually colored. Or at least I personally have never seen mollies of this color. Very pretty fish. But then again ... it looks more like a platy to me rather than a molly. Maybe it's a platy?

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I looked on a site called Fish2u.com and saw a lot of different colored platies..maybe one of them is yours? very pretty, indeed!
good luck,
Denise

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is a Variatus Platy, Xiphophorus variatus (or somethin like that ). They are closely related to the regular Platys you normally see (Xiphophorus maculatus), but they grow much bigger, to the size of a molly. They are a sort of "fancy Platy", if you will. I don't know what else you have in the tank, but just so you know these will interbreed with Mollies. Also they like company, so you should get one or two more.

Prasheen

Reaction score
Thanks Isabella, Denise n Omorrokh, atleast der r good people lyk you who care i really appreciate your advice. i got 2 mollies, 4 guppies n 4 danios ( 2 zebra n 2 leopard) in my 10 gallon tank with my so called molly. Thanks again

Prasheen

Prasheen

Reaction score
hey dats lukka (very very nice) Sasha, can u send me a pic of your pregnant platy pleeeeeez, wanna c so dat i knw hw mine will look wen she's about 2 give birth

Prasheen

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom