used tank

1. Nick Della Rocca Member Member

a freind of mine had a 30 gallon tank he didnt have use for considering his frogs just died. so he gave it to me. i know froga carry disease. any special way i canclean it to make sure its 100% safe for later use?

2. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Rubbing alcohol is a good cleaner with no residue once it dries. Just spray it down, let it soak for 15 minutes or so, and rinse. You'll be good to go :)

3. Nick Della Rocca Member Member

a freind of mine had a 30 gallon tank he didnt have use for considering his frogs just died. so he gave it to me. i know froga carry disease. any special way i canclean it to make sure its 100% safe for later use?

4. Nick Della Rocca Member Member

thank you for the speedy reply!

5. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Rubbing alcohol should work, spray it on, let it dry, rinse, and you are done.

6. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

No problem. :) The main thing you have to worry about with frogs is salmonella, so maybe a quick google search is in order in case there's a more effective method out there. :)

7. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

You can try vinegar

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

Bleach solution. 10/1 parts. Rinse for a very long time.

9. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

I've merged your two threads. Please only start one thread per topic.

10. Nick Della Rocca Member Member

ty jdheff. my phone made it seem it didnt post tge first one. sorry about that. and ok yes. i herd to use a drop of bleach. i think i will do the google route. i wont be using the tank for a while. a year or so. i just want to make sure right now i do everything i can to clean it nice unless i decide to my 20 g into it. but i dont know