Used tank deal. Trying to figure out the tank size

1. fbn Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone! Someone is wanting to sell me their tank.

It comes with the following:
    Heater
    Filter
    Stand
    Hood
    Some decor.

The price is $75. I'm trying to figure out the tank size, though. It has a split hood. The person thinks it is possibly a 42 gal., but I have never heard of that size. The first thing that came to my mind was a 55 gal (because of the split hood), but it seemed a little tall. Also, I'm pretty sure it was sold as a stand\aquarium set. The stand and the wood trim on the aquarium are the same color. Basically, my question is - what is the smallest size aquarium that is made with a split hood?

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I believe it is a 55 that is the smallest, thou there are some older oddball tanks out there.

3. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

A 46 gal? Although those are normally euro tanks... can. You ask them to measure it?

4. fbn Well Known Member Member

I tried to ask for measurements, but the person wasn't home at the time. The person's est. measurements: 4-5 ft long X 1-2 ft H. I am going to pick the tank up today! Yay!

I plan on using this for hatching and raising juvenile Aspidoras Albaters. Hopefully I'll be able to supply some Aspidoras to Fishlorians in the coming months! :). They are an AWESOME catfish! I love them.

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I think that's a bowfront size.

6. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

That's what I thought.

4 to 5 ft long by 1 to 2 ft tall could be a lot of tanks... guess you will have to wait and see.

7. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

They obviously have no spatial relations....

8. Fall River Member Member

Very clever! ;)

9. fbn Well Known Member Member

It's a 55.