used skimmer does it need to be broken in?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmer' started by jaysix79, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jaysix79Valued MemberMember

I bought a used protein skimmer and I cleaned it up and it’s been running for a day so far (24 hrs). I know protein skimmer needs to be broken in, but since it’s used do I have to wait again? the protein skimmer seem to be working great I see bubble all the way on the top barely touching the lid, but no dirty foam are spilling out to the waste chamber

just wondering if i need this thing adjusted again or just wait... but to me by reading around seems like I adjusted the protein skimmer to the optimum setting..

Protein skimmer info:
    brand unknown. Coralife Super Skimmer
    about 2 feet tall
    comes with rio 1400 pump (i searched it, it pushes 402 gallon per hr)
    the waste chamber is screwed to the body (not a pull out type) i don't know if that would help ID the skimmer

tank set up:
    26 gallons display tank with 12 gallon sump
    mini reef tank with 3 fish
    no cleaner crew because they died =(

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. jaysix79Valued MemberMember

deng no reply... ill just update my protein skimmer the maker is Coralife Super Skimmer

3. ATPWell Known MemberMember

I'm not sure. What thing I know is I hate coralife skimmers :) Bad experience with them.

4. carlos413Valued MemberMember

I have the 65 gallon version. I think they make one for 125 gallon tanks. Anyway I have nothing but good things to say. Youmight have to brake it in but that should take a few days. Mine doese the micro bubbles after a waterchange but that's only for like an hour or so. Google cl super skimer 65 for more info. You might find the manuel in PDF format online.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice