used skimmer does it need to be broken in?

jaysix79

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bought a used protein skimmer and I cleaned it up and it’s been running for a day so far (24 hrs). I know protein skimmer needs to be broken in, but since it’s used do I have to wait again? the protein skimmer seem to be working great I see bubble all the way on the top barely touching the lid, but no dirty foam are spilling out to the waste chamber

just wondering if i need this thing adjusted again or just wait... but to me by reading around seems like I adjusted the protein skimmer to the optimum setting..

Protein skimmer info:
brand unknown. Coralife Super Skimmer
about 2 feet tall
comes with rio 1400 pump (i searched it, it pushes 402 gallon per hr)
the waste chamber is screwed to the body (not a pull out type) i don't know if that would help ID the skimmer

tank set up:
26 gallons display tank with 12 gallon sump
mini reef tank with 3 fish
no cleaner crew because they died =(

jaysix79

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
deng no reply... ill just update my protein skimmer the maker is Coralife Super Skimmer

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure. What thing I know is I hate coralife skimmers Bad experience with them.

carlos413

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have the 65 gallon version. I think they make one for 125 gallon tanks. Anyway I have nothing but good things to say. Youmight have to brake it in but that should take a few days. Mine doese the micro bubbles after a waterchange but that's only for like an hour or so. Google cl super skimer 65 for more info. You might find the manuel in PDF format online.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads