Used double dosage of API CO2 booster, will it affect my fish or plants?

Asomeone

Well Known
I don't know what size tank you have but its 1ml per 10 gal and 5ml per 50 right? If you have a 10 gal and dosed a 20 gal portion it will likely be fine. Just don't repeat it constantly. It is just a booster and shouldnt cause any immediate harm.
If it will give you peace of mind just do a water change, 30% and see how it is in the morning.
Again, Should be fine.

OP
D

DerekForDayz

Asomeone said:
I don't know what size tank you have but its 1ml per 10 gal and 5ml per 50 right? If you have a 10 gal and dosed a 20 gal portion it will likely be fine. Just don't repeat it constantly. It is just a booster and shouldnt cause any immediate harm.
If it will give you peace of mind just do a water change, 30% and see how it is in the morning.
Again, Should be fine.
Its a 55 gal and I did 10ml instead of 5 so I just did a 1/3 water change just to be safe, thanks!

skar

Well Known
DerekForDayz said:
Its a 55 gal and I did 10ml instead of 5 so I just did a 1/3 water change just to be safe, thanks!
Don't worry about it.
I overdose excel ALOT (4xs the recommended dose). If they are the same product, it does nothing to the fish/shrimp.

SeattleRoy

Well Known
skar said:
Don't worry about it.
I overdose excel ALOT (4xs the recommended dose). If they are the same product, it does nothing to the fish/shrimp.
HI skar

I used to overdose Excel / CO2 Booster / glutaraldehyde at 2X recommended for the algacide properties until about four years ago. I found that it was actually stunting some species of plants in my tanks. I still use the product but now only as directed.

skar

Well Known
SeattleRoy said:
HI skar

I used to overdose Excel / CO2 Booster / glutaraldehyde at 2X recommended for the algacide properties until about four years ago. I found that it was actually stunting some species of plants in my tanks. I still use the product but now only as directed.
I trust your experience.

I'm using the real co2 now.
I use it to spot treat the bba with a 10 ml syringe.

Tbh I've never used it on a regular basis.
But .. it did not cause direct deaths to any aquatic animals/fish.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom