urgent

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

my betta has a bite mark on him and its an indentation in his skin could this be the redtail or the angels or something else and should i get rid of some of my fish b/c thers gona be further problems or ther not community fish or something help!!

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I would think red tailed shark. My angels don't bother my betta.
    Carol

3. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

He need some Betta Max and a raise in temperature for a while until until until he heales . Most medications work best at about 82 degrees. aai know it says no raise is needed but it does work faster if it work faster if it has a raise to the proper temp.

Rose
    :)

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

Red tails dont have teeth though and generally like to just chase or whack with the side of the head

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

They don't have to have teeth to bite ;) Nothing else in his tank has teeth either :D
    Carol

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

Good Point! :D But they're generally not nippers their mouths are more suited to grazing algae

7. rob2uk Member Member

One of my cichlids had what looked like a bite mark on his flank.
    It was far too big to have actually been a bite mark though, as nothing in the tank has a mouth that big.

Is it possible he snagged on one of your decorations?

I treated mine by upping the temperature to 82 and using Melafix for 10 days. You can't even see where the injury was now :)

8. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

its possible but i dout it there arent really any sharp things but i isolated him and gona raise the temp and add a little salt for now