Urgent!

Deepdownunder

Reaction score
One of my three Cory catfish looks as if it is about to die. It floats upside down to the surface then attempts to swim down again before repeating the step. He looks to have a small circular wound right in his middle. He is also breathing heavily, and mostly floats upside down in the middle of the water. Should i quarantine him? And is there anything I can do, or should I just wait it out.
Thanks

poppet

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can u give more info such as other fish u have ,do you have any sharp objects in the tank and water parameters etc

FishPirateL337

Valued Member
Reaction score
Please remove this fish and place into your hospital tank.
Doesn't sound good for your lil friend. Protect the clean, by removing the afflicted.
Your fish will most likely die, but placing in a hospital tank with warmer water will increase chance of survival.

Muffymouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Have you tried posting this on the Corydoras (catfish) board? Those guys there really know what they are talking about when it comes to caring for those guys like yours. They will have the best suggestions for you. Wish I could help but I haven't had any trouble with mine yet.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Deepdownunder said:
One of my three Cory catfish looks as if it is about to die. It floats upside down to the surface then attempts to swim down again before repeating the step. He looks to have a small circular wound right in his middle. He is also breathing heavily, and mostly floats upside down in the middle of the water. Should i quarantine him? And is there anything I can do, or should I just wait it out.
Thanks
I would quarantine him in a small hospital tank with water treated with a product like NovAqua+ or StressCoat. As far as treating him, I'm not sure what to recommend without asking what the ammonia level is in the tank and what kind of tankmates he has. It sounds like flipover, but that red wound isn't a symptom of that, or the breathing but that could be from stress and corys do seem to breathe fast at times.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom