Urgent: White Cloud Minnow Eggs

xwarroir

I have a pregnant White Cloud and I'm not sure what to do. I have been told to put her and her mate in a breeding tank so that she can have her eggs and he can fertilize them but the space is pretty small and I don't want to stress her out. Please help.

jclee

I don't see white clouds listed in your aquarium info. Are they in a separate, species-specific tank? How big is it and how many fish are in that tank? When you say she's pregnant, what do you mean? What does she look like right now?

xwarroir

She is a community fish, there are six other fish in the tank, by pregnant I mean she is going to drop eggs any second now, and she is really bloated

DJMonty

I'd just leave her in the tank. If the eggs don't survive, then they'd always breed again.

jclee

I had a species specific white cloud tank a few years back. I left the eggs in there and many of the young survived. I'm not sure what their survival rate would be with other species, but with enough plants to hide in, many of the fry survived in my tank each breeding season.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom