Urgent: What treatment do I need?

Rdel

Got a new fish with a tattered fin. Was gonna add king british disease clear when adding the fish and forgot.

110 gallon.
SA Cichlids in tank but very peaceful.

Ammonia and Nitrites zero
Nitrates 5ppm

Saw fish (firemouth) was gasping last night and this morning back of dorsel fin is discoloured (white) and ick on tattered fin.

Going to quarentine but do I treat with eSHa exit, esha 2000 or king british disease clear?

As you can use exit and 2000 together I'm thinking that's the way to go?

Screenshot_20220518-110208_Gallery.jpg

A201

Firemouths are Central American Cichlids. I didn't notice any Ich on the Firemouths body. Not a good idea to blindly medicate. Maybe the FM is the victim of bullying.
What other Cichlids are kept in the community?

Rdel

It's been suggested that excess slime coat could be causing sand to stick to fin so maybe no ick.

FM is biggest fish in there, defo no bullying. There are small blue acara, cryptoheros nanoluteus, geo steindachneri. All get along find. Fish was bought recently with the tattered fin.

A201

The gasping at the surface is a very troubling symptom, indicating possible diseases far worse than Ich. It might be too late save him.
Definitely remove the FM from the display tank. I'm not familiar with your listed medications. You might consider, Microbe Lift Artemiss, if available in your area.
The fish store manager shouldn't have sold you an obviously damaged fish.
I suspect the problem is an internal illness, but no way to determine if it's a parasitic infection or a bacteral one.
Don't give up on Firemouths. I've kept many of them over the years. They usually are very hardy & durable, one of my favorites.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishLearner
Replies
Views
Madeline Peterson
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sc0rPs
Replies