Urgent, Strange Spot On Pleco Growing Fast

Wobbegong

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So today I got home and noticed that my pitbull* pleco damian was a lot darker and had a strange spot on his side. I have not been able to test my water parameters because all of my test filed broke, I a bunch off of amazon which will hopefully arrive tomorrow.
IMG_1761 2.JPG

OP
Wobbegong

Wobbegong

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Update: The patch has grown in size, It has only been about an hour and it is scaring me how fast this is growing, please help.
IMG_1762.JPG

Nikki2577

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Someone help this owner save this pleco!! Time is of the essence when not knowing what’s happening to your beloved pet!!!!!

alykat

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Probably a very fast moving bacterial infection. PolyGaurd is a super strong medicine - I wouldn’t use it unless the circumstances require it- but it is good for when you aren’t sure what you’re dealing with and need something strong and broad spectrum

OP
Wobbegong

Wobbegong

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know he might not be able to survive but what can I do to save my other fish.

OP
Wobbegong

Wobbegong

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well he is no more. This morning I went downstairs to my aquarium and found a cory cat that seemed a bit to interested in him. He was in the sam spot as last night except more pale. I put my net is the aquarium and he did not move at all. I scooped him out of the tank but I also accidentally snagged a guppy which I promptly returned the the aquarium. Last night I measured the water parameters with the 2 test tubes I have left. There is no ammonia or nitrite. I do have erythromycin if that would help prevent further fish dying.

New Threads