Help !!!urgent!!! Royal Gramma Dying In Bag. What Do I Do?

Millerific

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I just got a Royal Gramma for my saltwater tank. I've not put any water in the bag yet, his bag is floating. He's laying on his side and appears to have white patches--not spots-- on his sides. Should I still try and acclimate him?? What do I do??
IMG_20190907_170125691.jpg

Millerific

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I just got a Royal Gramma for my saltwater tank. I've not put any water in the bag yet, his bag is floating. He's laying on his side and appears to have white patches--not spots-- on his sides. Should I still try and acclimate him?? What do I do??View attachment 586064
This is my first and only salt tank, so I don't have a qt system. I do have a sump.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are a fish that likes to hide so he may just be trying to find cover ..
I would try to acclimate him unless you want to take him back to LFS now ..
Not sure his behavior is unusual .The white might just be mucus ..Till he is in moving water that is not an issue IMO.
Royal grammas are one of my favorite marine fish ..Always have to have one in my set up ..

Millerific

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Not sure his behavior is unusual .The white might just be mucus ..Till he is in moving water that is not an issue IMO.
Royal grammas are one of my favorite marine fish ..Always have to have one in my set up ..
Thank you so much! Never would have guessed.
Makes sense from what I read about them. Now I don't have to cancel my sushi plans.

Millerific

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nevermind. I put him in and he's doing the same thing. I'm going to put him in my fish jail.

Millerific

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nevermind. I put him in and he's doing the same thing. I'm going to put him in my fish jail.
Update: he's unfortunately passed on. I'm going to see if the store ingot him from gives refunds for selling me a sick fish.

Millerific

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They'd better. It's been less then two hours.
I called the store and they said to send a picture of him in the bag. The store was almost closed so he said he'd ask his boss tomorrow. It's a great store and they're very nice people and I guarantee all will turn out well

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom