Urgent! Red sore on cory!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by QQQUUUUAADDD, Dec 17, 2012.

1. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

I have a trilineatus cory that has a red sore on its side. Params are 0,0, 10. Anyway to treat?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for blurry pics. Hard to take pics of this guy.

2. MotherMajesty:)

MotherMajesty:) Valued Member Member

It seems to be right by his front fin, from what I can tell from the pics. Is the fin itself OK? Could it be damage from another fish? Or from him having got hung up on something?

3. OP
    OP
    QQQUUUUAADDD

Fin is perfectly fine. Just a sore. Should I run out and get some Maracyn 2? Would Tetracycline work?

4. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I have the same exact thing on one of my new Cories at the moment. I think it looks like a bruise or a blood blotch.

I'm just doing daily WCs....I think fresh water might help.

5. OP
    OP
    QQQUUUUAADDD

Any meds I can purchase? I'm in Petsmart right now.

6. OP
    OP
    QQQUUUUAADDD

I guess I'm not a cory person because it passed away. RIP.

7. p

plecodragon Well Known Member Member

Sorry you lost your cory. I have found that cories or just about any fish in general tend to hide their illnesses until it is too late. In the wild if they are sick they would be the first fish to get attacked so even in the aquarium they still have wild instincts.
    Do a couple of water changes over the next few days and keep an eye on the rest of your cories. It could have just been a weaker cory.
    Good Luck.

8. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

Sorry about your loss. Today I just had a massacre in my tank 1 large ammonia spike unlucky for me just this Saturday I purchased 3 corys (planning on getting 3 more Friday) but they all died through out the day not getting any more any time soon. :(

9. MotherMajesty:)

MotherMajesty:) Valued Member Member

Sorry you lost him. As was said, he could have had something wrong from the beginning. Don't blame yourself. Good luck with the rest of your tank!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice