Urgent: My Gourami Is Going Crazy

1. Jess21444

Jess21444 New Member Member

2. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

Size of tank, water parameters, and what other fish are all needed. Jumping fish are either *really* excited about something (Excited to see you, or stress) or water condition.

3. Mac's

Mac's New Member Member

Once we know the basics of the aquarium we will be able ti help answer what's wrong.

Until then have you done anything different than normal?? Any signs of damage? Any other speices being aggressive to it??

4. OP
    OP
    Jess21444

I have it all on my page :)
    And water parameters are all normal aswel.. Im hoping its just excitment because he doesnt have anything changed around him to stress him, as in no new fish mates or ornaments, and temp is ok, and water parameters, and ph are all normal :/ i just am worried incase he hurts himself :(

No ive been keeping a very close eye on him and i dont see any sign of damage, and nope they seem to be normal with him still, until he starts bolting around then they are just trying to avoid him

and he doesnt have anything changed around him to stress him, as in no new fish mates or ornaments, and temp is ok, and water parameters, and ph are all normal

5. pixelhoot

pixelhoot Valued Member Member

Aquarium Info:
    a449fb61de4d290820e220732447be21.png

A few things I would like to note about the situation.
    The tank likely hasn't cycled yet, so chances are you're doing a fish-in cycle.
    This tank is a little overstocked and spatially the fish will bump into each other a lot (in the metaphorical sense). So aggression and territory disputes are easy to engender.
    Angelfish need at least about 76 L to be able to grow properly and move with their big tall fins once they are matured. They will also be more aggressive once matured, causing everyone to be further disgruntled.
    All of this is surely freaking your little guy out. It's good that you came on here before anything went too far!

6. OP
    OP
    Jess21444

Thanks so much for the help :)
    Im going to be upgrading my tank to a much larger size in a months time.. Do you think freddy (my angel fish) will be ok until then.? Also would you be able to tell me if my gourami's are male or female.? :)

My gourami is much better today, he seems to have calmed down alot, thanks everyone for the help :)

7. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

The way the dorsal fin is shaped. Males are very pointy while females are rounder. Most pet stores sell males. The top picture for sure in a male. Also, males and females can be equally aggressive. My Blu is male.

Attached Files:

8. pixelhoot

pixelhoot Valued Member Member

Freddy should be fine so long as you are extra careful monitoring water parameters as well as taking measures to help lower stress levels. Some water conditioners help lower stress since they have aloe vera and certain ingredients for slime coat. A cheaper one is Jungle's Start Right. Read the instructions on the back to see how much to add. Adding some Water Sprite or fake plants should help the Gouramis a little bit since they will have more hiding spots. Just be sure to leave the middle clear for Freddy!