URGENT How do I use Maracyn 2?

Asinity

Reaction score
I've bought Maracyn 2 for my Betta, Atlantis. He has the symptoms of dropsy, and while Maracyn 2 says it is used to treat it, I want to double check to make sure how to use it. The box says

"First day, add 2 tablets per 10 gallons of water. Second through fifth day, add 1 tablet per 10 gallons of water. Repeat this 5 day treatment only once if needed."

Is it just a simple matter of dropping the pill into the tank, or do I need to do something else?

I wish things like this were a little clearer :-[

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I always just dropped the tablet in the tank. Keep in mind you will probably need to cut the dosage in half because your tank size is about half the size of a 10 gallon.

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
For the reminder of the dosing I would dissolve in 10 oz of water. Rose told me that it's 1 oz=1 gallon. So you would need to pur 5.5 oz of it in the water. here are the specific directions Rose gave me for Royell.It will be a capsule dissolved in 10 ounces and then give 1 ounce for every gallon of TANK SIZE (3 gallon tank = 3 ounces). I am not in favor of saving medications over unless you are using the retained medications strictly to make up for water changes in an uncycled tank. New dosages need to be NEW medications.
Day 2 give the same size dose.
Day 3 do a 25% water change and give the same size dosage.
Day 4 do the same size dosage.
Day 5 do a 25% water change and either put the carbon filter back if he is well or begin with Day 1 dosage again and repeat days 1-4.
After the second round of meds, he will need to have a break or a different med (better)
Good luck. Natalie

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom