I'm a newbie with rabbits, but I did all my research before getting one. He's been with me a month now and has been getting along great. Today, I fed him a couple pieces of apple, nothing new, he gets them as treats. Suddenly,he turned away and started wheezing. I thought at first that he was choking, but he didn't scrape his face or sneeze at all. There is also no drooling. Later, I found out that the knife I used to cut his apples were used to cut a bittergourd before. Could it be that he's reacting like this to the strong and bitter taste? I would have done the heimlich, but I'm not sure he's choking. Please help! He's now hiding in his box and continuously breathing loudly and making squeaky sounds. Any advice is appreciated!