Urgent Help With Dwarf Gorinami

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Onlyashes, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Onlyashes

Onlyashes Valued Member Member

Hey so I post a while ago about how my dwarf gorinami has been hiding all day everyday he's still coming out to eat but today he has this white streak down his side and half of his top fin is missing to down to his body it doesn't appear to be fin rot the rest look fine and no fish have been picking on him here are pictures what could this be

Attached Files:

2. Susiefoo

Susiefoo Well Known Member Member

Do you have any rough ornaments / rocks / driftwood in your tank? My dwarf gourami got a similar white patch after he went into my new tank and grazed himself dashing through some driftwood. It healed over a few weeks and his "normal" coloured scales grew back. Keep the water clean and he will likely heal. What other fish are in the tank?

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

He is quite sick. Probably Dwarf Gourami Disease.

4. J

Jaden New Member Member

I think theirs two ways your fish got that white spot first maybe he got hurt with something in the tank or your fish could have a parisite

Good luck with your fish i hope he gets better

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

There is one peice of driftwood it's a 55g and he has been hiding in this one spot for like 2 weeks and I noticed it a little the other day but has only gotten worse he's in with Molly's plattys white skirts and neon tetras and a bristlenose his belly also looks big but he barley eats I might move my beta and put him in my 5g for observation

6. J

Jaden New Member Member

Yeah you should observe his behavior but dont stress him out. and see if his poop is normal if his poop is white and slimy like a string it means that he has internal parisites but there are many reasons why his stomach is getting big im just giving you the one the i think your fish has. Screenshot_20180411-162439.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
  7. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

What that means parasites I have noticed a lot of my fish with that I always thought they just weren't eating a lot what's a good treatment to

8. J

Jaden New Member Member

I mean when their fat due to over feeding is good to feed them less but with parasites is diferent

9. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

I've only ever fed them once a day I do have a box of API general cure for parasites but will it kill benifical bacteria

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice