Help Urgent help needed

Bee_01

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey Guys,

I have been dosing my fish with paracur for a few weeks and one now has camallanus worms again and the others are swimming close to the bottom etc. I have been advised by the vet to retreat them and clean out the whole tank but I need to know a few things.

1. I treated the fish with 0.2mls panacur on saturday, is it too soon the treat them again?
2. I want to put my fish into another tank for a few days while I clean out the other tank. Do I need to cycle this other tank first? the filter that is with the tank has carbon media in it, is this ok to keep in it? is there anything else I need to do to stop my fish dying of stress when I put them in this new tank and clean out the other one?
3. Should I change the biomedia in the big tank and replace it with new cuz of the worms in the tank?
4. should I put some stresszyme in the other tank?

as u can tell I'm really unsure of what to do. If anyone could help this morning I'd be really greatful as I want to go and get another heater today.

Cheers,

bee
x

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome Bee!!

I don't know about dosing that med, but stick to the instructions if it has them.
Yes, the tank will have to be cycled, but you can put your existing filter into it for an instant cycle. If using meds, remove the carbon section as this can neutralise the meds. To avoid stress as much as possible, keep the temp the same as your current tank.

Don't ever change your biomedia/sponge unless it is literally falling apart.

Please don't use stress zyme, it does not contain the correct type of bacteria to cycle the tank. When you stop adding the product, it will die off and the cycle will crash.

Good luck!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Bee welcome to FishLore
I'm sorry, I can't help with that med either but if you do a search on the forum, you'll find a few threads about camallanus worms.

If you could fill in your aqaurium information, it would help a great deal in answering your other questions.

Good luck, camallanus worms are tought to battle.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom