Urgent Gsp Help

njd2

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some help with my GSP’s.

I ordered some frozen fish food over the net (because there was a much better selection than in any of my LFS’s). We missed the delivery and in short the food ended up being out of the freezer for a couple of days and completely thawed/room temp. The seller advised that I refreeze and it should be ok. I fed some frozen chopped cockles/squid to my GSP’s on weds. Yesterday they didn’t look too happy. This morning they are on the bottom of the tank, not moving and not looking happy at all.

I have done water tests and the water is perfect (I had only anyway done a water change on the weekend). It must be the food that has made them sick.

Doesn’t look like they’ll last the day, certainly not the weekend – any urgent advice on what I can do to help turn things around??

Last time I order frozen food online!!

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

Quick question, are you talking about Green Spotted Puffers? (Normally, GSPs refer to green star polyp so I want to make sure you are talking about the fish and not the coral!)

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Refreezing foods that have thawed can end very badly because it allows bacteria to grow on the food while it is thawed, since you stated it was quite a time period they likely are sick.
I would do a water change and if you can try and epsom salt bath to help them pass the food quicker without harming them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom