Urgent! Fin Rot Or Bullying?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Rac_gup, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Rac_gup

Rac_gup New Member Member

hey everyone,

I have a tank with 5 guppies and 6 guppy fry, and a few of them have rough ended tails when they never used to. I only noticed it just now by looking at my guppies but 2 of my males definitely have it.
    I don't have the means to test levels or medicate as I have never had these problems before and shops are shut because it is a public holiday :(
    My male/female ratios are a little out because I lost two females last week to pregnancy issues so I now have 4 males and 1 female which is terrible

PLEASE HELP!!! :( :(

2. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Can you get some pictures?

3. OP
    OP
    Rac_gup

IMG_3213.JPG IMG_3216.JPG Couldn't get very clear photos as it I should night time here and bad lighting, also the fact that a few of my fish are very active, including one of the ones with a bad tail so is hard to snap a photo. Black male is usually lethargic and has always made a habit of sitting at bottom, orange male naturally has a swordfin shaped tail long at the top and short at the bottom so is hard to see but there is definitely some ruggedness

4. OP
    OP
    Rac_gup

Update!

I lost one of my male guppies who wasn't showing signs and looked perfectly healthy :/ I can't get to the lfs as it is closed today for a public holiday and I will be away tomorrow so I don't know what to do :(
    What am I doing wrong????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice