Urgent Crs Dying Important

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Rtessy, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

One of my CRS was laying head down in the substrate, first I thought it was dead but then I saw it's little legs moving so I moved him to get a better look. He's just laying down with his little arms waving, please help. I know there's probably not much that can be done for this little guy but I need to figure out what it is so the rest can be okay. His coloration is normal, which is weird to me.
    Temp 76 (a little high for them but it's been this way for a few weeks)
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 0 (I just had nitrates but added a few plants and did some water changes, promise it's cycled)
    gH 5
    kH 1

2. BaraYoukai

BaraYoukai Valued Member Member

Could you have added anything that continue copper? How large is the shrimp?

3. OP
    OP
    Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

He died about 15 minutes later. No additions of copper, it's only shrimp and snails and the only medication I have added is PraziPro due to a vorticella/scutarellia outbreak when I got them, and more recently as an attempt to deal with Hydra. I know this kind of behavior indicates a toxin in the water, and mainly I want to know if this can still be due to the Hydra, or if I need to look at something else. It was adult size but a bit smaller when I got him, about an inch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice