Urgent Build Issue Please Need Advise

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by jamaldoggah, Apr 14, 2017.

1. j

jamaldoggah New Member Member

so my 30 gal tank build was finished while i was placing it on the rack it chipped a piece of the front pannel off
    is it safe to use?
    its glass and is 6mm thick

Attached Files:

2. Kasshan

Kasshan Well Known Member Member

if you have tile and live on the 1st floor with a concrete foundation i believe it would be safe to use; that way cleanup will be easier and wont cause a lot of proerty damage.

3. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

I am assuming that you took the tank apart to remove any glass shards that may have fallen inside. That would be deadly to any bottom dweller. There does not look like a seam was damaged. Did the tank have a cut out area in the center. Did glass break off of the front and the left side panel? That is what it looks like.

4. OP
    OP
    j

thanks for replaying my house is indeed made of concrete
    and the cut area is not in the centere and the piece just fell off clean and the other side panel is intact

5. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

It should be usable, I don't see any spider cracks going down the front. I would be careful.

6. OP
    OP
    j

i got scared and replaced the panel thanks guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice