URGENT Blood Parrot-Rock in Gills!

1. s

speediest New Member Member

Female has been swimming sideways, now upside down mostly. Sometimes at top, sometimes at bottom.

This has been going on for 3 days now. She is 15 YO. Has a male mate of same age, plus a Silver Dollar of same age.

55-gal. tank, established for 25 yrs.

Is the substrate rock in her gills killing her?

2. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Can you post a photo? You may have to manually get it out.

3. OP
    OP
    s

speediest New Member Member

A friend came over last night to help & we couldn't find it--hopefully it fell out. It was green substrate, so would have been easy to see.

Problem is she is still swimming upside down. I have moved her to a hospital tank. :-(

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Ok, well what you'll want to do now is fast get for three days then feed her a pea, she probably has a swimbladder problem from the stress. Has she been eating? If she hasn't ate in three days or more, go ahead and feed her a pea. You may have to keep fasting and keep feeding her a pea until she gets better. I imagine it has fallen out, other wise you probably would still see it. I wonder how she even got it in there? I'd suggest, really out of I'd personally freak out, when you can changing to sand, PFS is super cheap and looks very natural. But I honestly think this is just a freak accident. Hope all goes well and she gets better! Also welcome to the forum.:)