!!URGENT!! Bad Fin Rot

Candace

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I need to set up a quarantine tank ASAP, my betta Amenadiel had fin rot and I was able to get rid of it for a while (with large frequent water changes, that is no longer working), it has come back and it’s really bad now (has not reached the body). It has also spread to Lucifer (fin are split, not breaking off). They are still both very active and eating healthiIy am not able to test the parameters of my tank as I gave my kit to my friend to start up her tank and she threw it away (I am ordering a new one today). I have a fresh water planted 10 gallon tank. It is split and there are 2 male bettas and 2 mystery snails. Each side has a heater and 5 gallon filter. I am ordering aquarium salt right now as well as a small tank and the new test kit. I will also be emptying the 10 gallon completely and putting soil and sand in place of the gravel I have now, and washing the plants with warm water. Please no hate, I’m really worried about him and I want to stop his suffering, if I can’t get it under control and healed I will surrender him to a betta rescue to try and get more experienced help.

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
We're always here to help you without any judgement or hate. Can you start by posting photos of both fish and providing water parameters, ideally of both sides of the tank?

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
SM1199 said:
We're always here to help you without any judgement or hate. Can you start by posting photos of both fish and providing water parameters, ideally of both sides of the tank?
I am so sorry, I never got an email notification about this reply!! I was just going through all my posts just now and saw that this one DOES have a reply. I will take pictures of them as soon as I get home. Amenadiel was the worst but seems to be growing his tail back slowly and is much less skittish (fast movement doesn't startle him anymore). Lucifer had a small amount of damage when I posted but his has gotten worse. I had to cancel my shipment for the test kit because it was supposed to arrive a week ago and I was told to "give it some time" but I think the shipment got lost. I will go to petco and buy the API master test kit when I get off of work.

New Threads