Urgent, another corydoras flipping

Anonfish4

I was going to get sand tomorrow and I still plan to, but I noticed a dead corydora today in my tank. This is the same corydora who has been flipping the last few days. When I found him I can't tell if he was eaten or a parasite got a hold of him, but he was alive and well yesterday.

Does anyone know the cause? Should I get another corydora to fill his spot as now I only have two? I won't for a while if I do.

I honestly don't know what to do. My tank was normal and everything was fine, and now it's not.
Previously I had posted about how a fish was flipping and pacing the tank and had shorter barbells. Now that fish is dead.
Then a fish had a red mark on it's side.
The fish who has the red mark (less red, now white) is pacing the tank is flipping. I don't know what to do. My parameters are normal and everything. All I can think of is either the gravel (I'm replacing it with sand tomorrow) or a plant that I had added recently. I washed off the plant before I added it. It was an old plant that I used in another aquarium years ago but I thought would be fine. I feel like everything bad happened after I added the plant but it might've just been a coincidence. I've removed the plant as I don't want it in there anymore if it is causing problems.
Please help. I don't know what to do and I hate to think my fish are suffering right now.

EDIT - Added emergency temp.

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 10 gallons
How long has the tank been running? Two years
Does it have a filter?
Yes
Does it have a heater?
Yes
What is the water temperature?
75° F
What is the entire stocking of this tank?
2 bronze corydoras and 2 black Racer nerite snails

Maintenance
How often do you change the water?
Every 2 weeks
How much of the water do you change?
About 25%
What do you use to treat your water?
Topfin water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
Substrate

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish?
Yes
What do you use to test the water?
API Freshwater Masterkit
What are your parameters?
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
pH: about 7.6

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish?
Once a day at night
How much do you feed your fish?
4 sinking wafers + a single sinking algae wafer
What brand of food do you feed your fish?
Hikari
Do you feed frozen?
No
Do you feed freeze-dried foods?
No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish?
Two years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms?
A week ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms?
Flipping/twitching, pacing the side of the tank, going up for air more than normal, a white mark on fish
Have you started any treatment for the illness?
No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase?
No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all?
None at all other than mentioned symptoms.

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
A week ago I noticed a fish flipping and glass surfing but from one side to another and had short barbells. Now that fish is dead. Another had a red (now white) mark on it's side but acted normal. Now it's flipping every now and then, but not as much. Only one fish isn't doing this.

Attachments

• 20220128_163932.jpg
    20220128_163932.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220128_163904.jpg
    20220128_163904.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 9

TropicalFlow

Well.., please fill out the emergency template. That plant could have a parasite most definetly.

. I would do a water change, most likely the a amp is levels are gonna be high

Lucy

Hi welcome to FishLore
I'm really sorry about your fish :( Honestly, those fish look like they have been dead for a while.

I doubt an old fake plant could have a parasite living on it that would do that to a fish.
Where was it stored?
I don't blame you for removing it. Sounds like a coincidence but it would make be paranoid as well.

Your other threads have some good info. Probably best to follow through with the advise there plus water changes.

Good luck!

Anonfish4

Hi welcome to FishLore
I'm really sorry about your fish :( Honestly, those fish look like they have been dead for a while.

I doubt an old fake plant could have a parasite living on it that would do that to a fish.
Where was it stored?
I don't blame you for removing it. Sounds like a coincidence but it would make be paranoid as well.

Your other threads have some good info. Probably best to follow through with the advise there plus water changes.

Good luck!
The plant was stored in a bin with extra decorations I had for the tank but never used

TropicalFlow

OH lol! i Thoght this was a real live plant.
Hi welcome to FishLore

Where was it stored?

Good luck!
It does look dead for a while

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Anonfish4
Replies
Views
maddy0812
Replies
Views
flopperfrog