Urgent- Aiptasia Problem

ShewbZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 24G all in one tank (Aquatop rec life 24) and I have recently been plagued with Aiptasia. I have been using Aiptasia-X to try and kill them off with no success. At this point i believe there are 50+ mini aiptasia all over the tank, including some in the back filter! It is difficult to reach the aiptasia in the back compartment and there are even some in the media baskets. They are also growing on the base of my frogspawn and zoas. This all started after i noticed 5 of them a few weeks ago and treated with Aiptasia-x, even after i dipped new corals. I do not have any livestock which target feed aiptasia. I appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi there :) I’ve experienced the best results with berghia nudibranches. I had a moderate infestation and they took care of it and I am not aiptasia free. It does take a few weeks though so make sure you’re patient!

Deberber

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Definitely do target treat them. Also put 2-3 peppermint shrimp in there so they can target the ones that you might miss.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Peppermint Shrimp or Berghia Nudibranch as mentioned above would probably be best if Aiptaisa X isn't working. Aiptasia X is generally more effective when they are few in number and small in side (ie before they have really had a chance to spread.

Deberber

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nudibranchs literally freak me out for some reason lol

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Deberber said:
Nudibranchs literally freak me out for some reason lol
Yes, but if aiptasia start killing off your corals and harming small fish (they can if they get large enough) that is going to freak you out far more than a Nudibranch. Or you could try the peppermint shrimp route mentioned above.

Rocco04

Valued Member
Reaction score
ShewbZ said:
Hello everyone,

I have a 24G all in one tank (Aquatop rec life 24) and I have recently been plagued with Aiptasia. I have been using Aiptasia-X to try and kill them off with no success. At this point i believe there are 50+ mini aiptasia all over the tank, including some in the back filter! It is difficult to reach the aiptasia in the back compartment and there are even some in the media baskets. They are also growing on the base of my frogspawn and zoas. This all started after i noticed 5 of them a few weeks ago and treated with Aiptasia-x, even after i dipped new corals. I do not have any livestock which target feed aiptasia. I appreciate any help!

Thanks.
Peppermint shrimp are a good for killing it off if you have the room for one

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Another vote for peppermint shrimp. Unlike the berghia nudibranch they aren't obligate carnivores on aiptasia, and once they take care of that issue they are a great addition to your clean up crew, minimal bioload addition, and you get free manicures!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads