Upgrading Goldfish Tank 26g

Discussion in 'aquarist' started by Aquarist, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,:;co

I'm planning on upgrading my 26g bow front Goldfish tank. Fifi and Chanel and their two tanks mates are now ready for more room. Fifi is getting to be a good size girl now and I want them all to have more room to enjoy life. I'm sure they'll enjoy a tank with a larger foot print. They have all done well in this tank over the past several months. Keeping up with my regular water changes, every 5 to 10 days, I haven't had any issues at all. I want to avoid any future issues by upgrading to a larger tank.

I found a new fish store an hour from my home. They have a 56g, almost square tank that I just loved. Tank, glass hoods, light and stand for $350.00 and they said they would work with me on the price (letting me have it for cost, their computer was down so I couldn't get an exact quote).

Upgrading the filter from an Aqua Clear (AC) 70 (300gph)to an AC 110 (500gph). I already have the filter and the media has been in my 265g tank for 1 month as of yesterday. I'll be transferring all of the media from the AC 70 to the new tank/filter too.

I'll be transferring everything over to the new tank including the water since I have pH issues from my tap. An additional 30g's or so of fresh water should be in comparison to a large water change. I'm expecting an instant cycle with no issues. However, I am prepared in case of a mini cycle, but I don't see that happening. (but you never know)

The 26g will be coming down and stored as a spare tank. I have spares for everything else so I might as well have a spare tank and stand too. Right now 3 tanks (4 including my prefilter tank) is enough for me running at one time. (although I do have other ideas in my head :giggle: but I'll save that for another time).

It will probably be a couple of more weeks before I make the trip again. Who knows, they may have a new tank I like even better by then. We'll see.
    Ahhhh the joys of fish keeping and new fish stuff! Yeah!!!! :clapping:

Thanks for reading!
    Ken:animal0028:

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I bet they're going to love their new tank when you bring it home and get it all set up!

Keep us posted, please, and don't forget pics;)

3. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

yeah!!!! a new tank!!!!!! :gathering:

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

So interesting, Ken! Can't wait till you get your new tank set up. Fifi and Chanel will be so happy :D Please keep us updated yeah? And :photo: as well.

5. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!! More tanks and BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!..The only thing is ..I wish I were as patient as u.........I'd want it HERE now!!!!!!!!!

6. OP
    OP
    Aquarist

Thanks folks. I'll keep updating as things begin to happen.

Ken

7. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Oooh... love new goldfish tanks :p
    Can't wait for updates :)

8. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Good luck on the update. I want to see pics too. =D

9. OP
    OP
    Aquarist

Thanks Konstargirl. I'll be sure to share some photos. I hope to have the new tank by the end of the month.
    Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice