Upgraded To A 55gallon

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I upgrade to a 55g, currently have 3 danios, 1 snowball plec and one bolivian ram.. Gonna be adding more danios this week

Any other cichlids Compatable with Bolivian Rams?

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some Cichlids are compatible with bolivian rams yes, but most will see them as a snack

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What about adding another Bolivian ram and then a rainbow cichlid or a pair of keyholes?

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just put my 5 fish in there an hour ago, my snowball PLECO is a madman right now, never seen this man so god **** active!! he must be enjoying all the space he has now omg!

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 4 BRs, they're thriving and doing great... but my question is can I get any type of other cichilid that isn't a ram? I really like the firemouth Cichilid and a couple others, but I don't know if they'll beat up on my rams, even though my rams are tough little dudes

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
its a 55g

Will a FM beat up on my rams? I also have a gold gourami who's relatively peaceful at the moment and a snowball pleco

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
snowballPLECO said:
its a 55g
So cichlids run the full spectrum of aggression. All of the South American and central american cichlids that I have are Very very aggressive. My African cichlids are oddly peaceful.

I would caution you on firemouths. Make sure you have plenty of hiding spots or plants to break up the sight lines as they will get territorial if they see others.

You could get lucky though and have some relaxed firemouths. My neighbor has firemouths from one of my fry batches and nothing is safe in his tank.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah its really a roll of the dice on some of them. I exclusively keep cichlids because i love their attitude and spunk but some of them make me crazy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom