upgraded my lighting, is it sufficient

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So i am slowly adding beginning coral to my 46 gallon bowfront. To do so, i have had to reevaluate my lighting. I am working on a budget and wonder what coral i can keep with the following lighting. I have a 36 inch coral sun actinic 420 light, and a 24 inch T5 HO power-Glo (K 18,000) lighting
Thanks for all your help x

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok to clarify the lighting i have it is a standard 36 inch long light fixture with an actinic 420 bulb and a 24 inch glo T5 HO light fixture ( can be seen at drfoster and smith) with a powr Glo (K 18,000) bulb in it
any help appreciated

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i have done research and have decided to add a nova extreme slr t-5 fixture, 156w and keep the glo t-5 ho fluorescent 24w light with a total of 180w giving me right at 4 watts per gallon ( tchniquely i would need 184w to be at exactly 4 w per gallon but close) . what beginning coral would you recomend for this
i was hoping for green star polyps, colt polyp, zoanthia, button polyps, richodea (sp), mushroom polyps

Naeusu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would start out with a few button polyps and a frag of green star polyps. I'm not sure about the richordia (i think they have higher light needs) but you can go for a more simple mushroom. I have a few mushies that are a purple with neon green and one mushie that is almost a blood orange color. These guys will be able to tell you if you have enough light and also if you have a nipper fish in the tank.

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok thanks

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads