Upgraded from 36G to 75Gallon! Filtration Advice needed!!

• Thread starter thabigo
  • Start date

thabigo

Hey Everyone.

I just upgraded my 36 Bow Front Tank to a 75 Gallon. The tank is setup in the middle of my living room coming outwards. So kind of like a Peninsula/ Room Divider. So I have a couple of questions regarding proper filtration and flow for my Cichlids.

My Current Stock is 7 Cichlids and 3 Barbs.

On my 36 I was running a AquaClear 70 HOB and my EheI'm 2213 Canister Filter. I moved everything over to the 75 Gallon but since I have the tanking coming out from the wall and the filters are only on that side I feel like the circulation isn't reaching the other side of the Tank. It is Day 2 now and the fish seem a lot happier and more active but I want to make sure that my filtration will hold up in this tank.

What are your guys thoughts on this.

Will I be ok?

I have another EheI'm 2213 which is in my Planted 15 Gallon which I can move to the 75 Gallon if I need to and put the Aqua Clear on the 15G if that is necessary. But then again The AquaClear has a higher GPH Rate (300) then the EheI'm 2213 (116GPH).

Also I kind of want to get Rid of the Aqua Clear 70 on my 75 Gallon Tank since it will have a nicer cleaner look without it.

Here are some Phots so you guys can see my setup!

Also I found quite interesting that my 75 Gallon Tank only took 52 Gallons of water. I filled in 4 Gallons at a time added my Rocks and Sand mid way then filled the Rest. So giving 52 gallons of water and giving 6x More for Filtration is 312GPH is what my Goal should be correct?

thabigo

So After doing some Research I am thinking about getting an EheI'm 2075 (G160) Model and use that one only on my 75 Gallon Tank. Then I will move my 2 EheI'm 2213 in my planted 36 Gallon which I am going to setup.

I think that will be the best option. But will cost me $200 for the G160

My other option is to have the 2 EheI'm 2213 on my 75 Gallon. and my AquaClear 70 and my Aqueon 30 on my 36 Planted Tank. This option will cost me nothing.

What do you guys think?

Chunk101

Well Known
I just wanna say beautiful nice clean tanks!

zaraspook

It feel great when you a bigger aquarium. Very nice looking aquarium. Great job and enjoy.

thabigo

lol thanks guys. I take pride in my Tanks . Home Made Stand too. It was my first Time.

Still need some advice on Filtration though!

Top Bottom