Updates on my ADFs!

Discussion in 'Amphibians' started by twilauren, Dec 7, 2012.

1. twilauren

twilaurenValued MemberMember

So my ADFs are still doing great! I love them, they are so cute and entertaining! One is definitely a male and the other a female. I see them breeding often, but have not found eggs. Their 3.5 gallon tank has been upgraded to a 5.5 gallon and they are loving it! So am I! Here is the tank currently. I will try to get pictures of the frogs themselves this afternoon. :)

(Their guppy friend - I've had luck housing them together! No problems.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Mmbrown

MmbrownWell Known MemberMember

That is one wild tank! I can't wait to see pictures of the frogs themselves.

3. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Sweet!

4. frogbreeder

frogbreederWell Known MemberMember

Hi twilauren, I had been wondering how your frogs are doing. It's great to hear they are doing well. Nice set-up! I bet they are very happy to have even more room to swim and play now, especially after being rescued from that "cube-of-doom" thingamajig they were originally in. Chances are that your frogs are at least occassionally producing some eggs, if you have noticed them amplexing frequently (obviously, ADFs don't preduce eggs every time they amplex, only when the female is ready to spawn, usually every four weeks or so), but they are probably eating them, before you wake up in the morning. If you do wish to collect some of their eggs, you could either get up in the middle of the night and check for any floating on the water's surface, or you could feed your frogs more than you normally would for a little while, so that they won't be quite as hungry, and, therefore, less likely to eat the eggs before you check for them first thing in the morning. So, what did you finally decide to call your little guys? - frogbreeder

5. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Wow..that tank is something else! LOL Love it!

Thanks for the update.
    I'm so glad they're doing well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice