Updates on Jack

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by benjaminBreaker, Mar 21, 2010.

1. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

So Little Jack's tank has changed a bit since I set it up. Some plants have moved, gotten too long, got clipped and replanted. Took out the floating piece of driftwood and put it in my 20 gallon. I also put the skull in.
    I didn't want to at first, even though I knew Jack needed it, because ich medicine turned it a light blue color. But when I actually tried it I found out that the green, blue and teal colored rocks really offset the blue on the skull and make it look white. :) so that worked out well.

You'll also notice I have a few new additions. My crazy brother was complaining about how he got the golden longfinned zebra danios and a snail instead of neon tetras and was threatening to throw them away. So I saved them! :D
    They get along well with Jack, he freaked out when they first came in but he is okay now.

Anyway, here are the pics!
    DSC01187.JPG

DSC01179.JPG

DSC01184.JPG

DSC01185.JPG

DSC01186.JPG

2. s

shadow2 Valued Member Member

Love the skull, it looks real! So cool u named your betta Jack Sparrow. Love the Jack Sparrow movies. Johnny Depp can play just about anything. How large is that aquarium on the bookshelf? 20 gal? Did not know a bookshelf could hold that much wt. Looks nice! I just looked back at your info and I guess that is a 10 gallon. Awesome! Giving me some ideas!!

I thought about putting a tank in my basement, but it is dark down there when no one is down there, so don't know if that is such a great idea. I have my 5 gallon on my kitchen counter and my betta loves to watch every thing I do.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Thanks! Oh yeah, I love Pirates of the Caribbean. The first one is my favorite movie of all time. It's actually a 10g. Me and my brother spent 2 hours reinforcing that shelf with 2x4s. Then we use little blocks of wood to screw the shelf to the studs in the wall. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get that thing to move, and I'm a pretty big, strong guy.

EDIT: The Pacific is starting so I'll be in my living room watching that.

DSC01201.JPG

DSC01202.JPG

DSC01203.JPG

DSC01204.JPG

DSC01206.JPG

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  4. s

Thanks for the pics. Yep, doesn't look like that baby is going anywhere. Good job! I might think about doing that. I have 2 side by side bookshelves upstairs. I think it looks great on your shelf.

Enjoy The Pacific. I am waiting for the True Blood vampire series to come back on HBO. LOL!

5. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

What do you do in your basement? Is it like a bonus room or something? If it's a room that you do a lot of stuff in then I would put the tank down there to make it look better. Just be sure you have a light on your tank. :)
    I also have another betta in my kitchen. It's my mom's and she keeps it in a 1 quart bowl. I keep telling her that it isn't happy, but she is stubborn.
    I tell her to clean the water and she doesn't...it's gonna' end up getting rot fin or something! :;fru

The Pacific is getting better now. I think Band of Brothers is much better though, so far.
    Good luck with your shelves! :D Be sure to put up pics when you're done.

6. s

Yep, the basement is all finished, have the big screen tv down there, but mostly just go down in the evenings and watch tv. so the lights are off during the day, but probably would still be all right, huh?

My betta is in the 5 gallon tank on the kitchen counter and it really looks nice.

As far as posting pics on here, I do not know how to do that, need to learn how. I really love all the pics on this website. Great to see all the fish and different tanks.

7. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

It's pretty simple. If you can get as far as taking pictures and getting them onto your computer, you've got it made! Basically, when they are on your computer, and when you making a reply, you click the "Attachments" button at the top of the bar above the smileys with all the font options. It's the one that looks like a paper clip. Click that, and it opens a new page that you use to upload pictures. When the upload is complete, just X out the 'Manage Attachments' window, and go back to your new reply.
    (be sure that you let the pictures finish uploading, rather than just clicking 'upload' then Xing out. The word "Uploading..." should appear when you click upload. Wait a moment, and it should change to, "Upload Complete" or something like that.

Then go back to your new reply, click on the paperclip again, and it should bring up a pull-down menu with all the pictures you just uploaded. Click "Insert all" and it puts all the pictures you just uploaded into your post. That's it, say what you want to, then click "Post".

8. s

Oh, thanks for the help. I did snap some pics of my betta, I think he actually poses for pics. He shows off all the time at me, really kind of comical.

I will give it a try one of these days soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice