Updated User Avatars

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
To get rid of the default question mark avatars when a member hasn't uploaded an avatar we have a new thingie that uses the first 2 letters of your username as the default avatar. To change it back to your regular avatar, hover on your user name on the top right and select "dynamic avatar" and pick which one you want to use. Then pic the background color. See the pics attached.

Note: if you don't see the available colors at first, click the letters avatar and then click save changes. On the next screen that loads you can pick the background color and then click save again.

Attachments

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Mike said:
To get rid of the default question mark avatars when a member hasn't uploaded an avatar we have a new thingie that uses the first 2 letters of your username as the default avatar. To change it back to your regular avatar, hover on your user name on the top right and select "dynamic avatar" and pick which one you want to use. See the pic attached.
I'm on a chromebook and if I hover over my username on top right and nothing happens. If I click it it pulls up my profile.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Culprit said:
I'm on a chromebook and if I hover over my username on top right and nothing happens. If I click it it pulls up my profile.
Looks like you figured it out because I see a pic for your avatar. For others, you can go to your profile page and on the left side menu look for "Dynamic Avatar" and click that. See pic.

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Now i wonder if I should change it back to the original or keep it as this new one...

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Changing this avatar function may also prompt some members to revert back to a previous picture or a new one

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I changed mine back to the photo I used to use and now it changed me back again. What gives?

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Same. Ive done it over and over and Im now searching on how to delete my account. The whole thing looks terrible and its really annoying that my profile pic keeps getting deleted even though I see it on my page.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of the other posts on this someone explained with pictures how to change back. I did it you can too. But I’m done for tonight I feel like I’m on a forum for the Barbie playhouse.

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
"I feel like I'm on a forum for the Barbie playhouse" lol

y'all have to click on "Dynamic Avatar", not just "Avatar". it'll give you a list of background colour options or your old photo avatar. click on that. it is pretty annoying that it appears as though you upload/change your photo the other way, only to get kicked back to the pink letters, but i'm sure it's just a glitch that'll be fixed eventually.

itsEmma

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, finally worked it out too!
My instinct was to click the picture, looked liked it'd changed, only to keep changing back to the Barbie pink.... but eventually I realised (or rather read Mike's instructions properly!) You click on your user name.
You'll see a list of things that you can do; change user name, reset password etc.
Among these is Dynamic Avatar, that's where you can change it and it'll stay changed!

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
itsEmma said:
Yes, finally worked it out too!
My instinct was to click the picture, looked liked it'd changed, only to keep changing back to the Barbie pink.... but eventually I realised (or rather read Mike's instructions properly!) You click on your user name.
You'll see a list of things that you can do; change user name, reset password etc.
Among these is Dynamic Avatar, that's where you can change it and it'll stay changed!
I did that just then and it worked, even though my picture was off the servers for 7 hours (Accidentally deleted it).

DuaneV said:
Same. Ive done it over and over and Im now searching on how to delete my account. The whole thing looks terrible and its really annoying that my profile pic keeps getting deleted even though I see it on my page.
It's because you have to click 'Dynamic avatar', and change it there.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom