Updated User Avatars

Mike

To get rid of the default question mark avatars when a member hasn't uploaded an avatar we have a new thingie that uses the first 2 letters of your username as the default avatar. To change it back to your regular avatar, hover on your user name on the top right and select "dynamic avatar" and pick which one you want to use. Then pic the background color. See the pics attached.

Note: if you don't see the available colors at first, click the letters avatar and then click save changes. On the next screen that loads you can pick the background color and then click save again.

Fanatic

Thank you!

Sarah73

What about if your on a Samsung ?
Edit: it worked oof

stella1979

Yay! Thanks Mike! You're fast too.

Oops! Posted in the wrong thread.

Sarah73

Never mind. It disappeared

Culprit

Mike said:
To get rid of the default question mark avatars when a member hasn't uploaded an avatar we have a new thingie that uses the first 2 letters of your username as the default avatar. To change it back to your regular avatar, hover on your user name on the top right and select "dynamic avatar" and pick which one you want to use. See the pic attached.
I'm on a chromebook and if I hover over my username on top right and nothing happens. If I click it it pulls up my profile.

Mike

Culprit said:
I'm on a chromebook and if I hover over my username on top right and nothing happens. If I click it it pulls up my profile.
Looks like you figured it out because I see a pic for your avatar. For others, you can go to your profile page and on the left side menu look for "Dynamic Avatar" and click that. See pic.

Demeter

Now I wonder if I should change it back to the original or keep it as this new one...

Fanatic

Changing this avatar function may also prompt some members to revert back to a previous picture or a new one

Mike

How to change the background color:

Discus-Tang

Mine changed! Why???

I changed it!

DuaneV

I changed mine back to the photo I used to use and now it changed me back again. What gives?

Dawn Michele

Thanks Mike.

motherofbettas

Ummm my won't stay changed, no matter how many times I change it....really frustrating

DuaneV

Same. Ive done it over and over and I'm now searching on how to delete my account. The whole thing looks terrible and its really annoying that my profile pic keeps getting deleted even though I see it on my page.

86 ssinit

One of the other posts on this someone explained with pictures how to change back. I did it you can too. But I’m done for tonight I feel like I’m on a forum for the Barbie playhouse.

HORNET1

**Ha Ha Ha... I sure didn't care for the first two letters of my username.

midna

"I feel like I'm on a forum for the Barbie playhouse" lol

y'all have to click on "Dynamic Avatar", not just "Avatar". it'll give you a list of background colour options or your old photo avatar. click on that. it is pretty annoying that it appears as though you upload/change your photo the other way, only to get kicked back to the pink letters, but i'm sure it's just a glitch that'll be fixed eventually.

itsEmma

Yes, finally worked it out too!
My instinct was to click the picture, looked liked it'd changed, only to keep changing back to the Barbie pink.... but eventually I realised (or rather read Mike's instructions properly!) You click on your user name.
You'll see a list of things that you can do; change user name, reset password etc.
Among these is Dynamic Avatar, that's where you can change it and it'll stay changed!

Discus-Tang

itsEmma said:
Yes, finally worked it out too!
My instinct was to click the picture, looked liked it'd changed, only to keep changing back to the Barbie pink.... but eventually I realised (or rather read Mike's instructions properly!) You click on your user name.
You'll see a list of things that you can do; change user name, reset password etc.
Among these is Dynamic Avatar, that's where you can change it and it'll stay changed!
I did that just then and it worked, even though my picture was off the servers for 7 hours (Accidentally deleted it).

DuaneV said:
Same. Ive done it over and over and I'm now searching on how to delete my account. The whole thing looks terrible and its really annoying that my profile pic keeps getting deleted even though I see it on my page.
It's because you have to click 'Dynamic avatar', and change it there.

Milliemae124

Thanks, I think I’ve managed to change it back

SFGiantsGuy

Well I use a PS4 to use this site, so I may just have to use my iphone instead, and see if that works...

itsEmma

SFGiantsGuy said:
Well I use a PS4 to use this site, so I may just have to use my iphone instead, and see if that works...
It worked-I can see you!!

Mike

Ok, had to uninstall this add-on due to several issues and it was somewhat hard to use. I installed a new one and it shouldn't mess with existing avatars if you have uploaded one. It just replaces the avatars for peeps that were using the default avatar.

Coradee

Thanks Mike, I’m liking the new colours too, much easier on the eye

Fanatic

Coradee said:
Thanks Mike, I’m liking the new colours too, much easier on the eye
Yeah, but the pink was starting to grow on me.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom