Updated: My assorted shrimp lines

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by EricV, Jul 15, 2015.

1. EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

Well now that I'm done acquiring various varieties of shrimp (or so I assure my significant other lol) here are some pictures of them all :) Bear with me as these are taken with a camera phone and I'm a poor photographer in general.

I'll start with the more basic varieties and go from there

Sakura Red
    image.jpg

Fire Red
    image.jpg

Painted Fire Red
    image.jpg

Orange Pumpkin
    image.jpg

Yellow
    image.jpg

Blue Pearl
    image.jpg

Dream Blue Velvet
    image.jpg

Snowball
    image.jpg

Sulawesi Cardinal - The pictures don't do these shrimp justice at all. They're my favorite of the group by far.
    image.jpg

2. kidster9700

kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

are the dream blue velvet like what stores call blueberry or blue cherry shrimp?

3. OP
    OP
    EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

I don't think so. There are a ton of names for very similarly colored shrimp but I'm under the impression that the blueberry shrimp are caridina while with the exception of the cardinals all of mine are neocaridina. For the sake of this thread I merely listed them under the same name I purchased them as. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  4. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Wow those cardinals are very nice! They remind me of the Fire Red Cleaner Shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. OP
    OP
    EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

When you're not looking at them through the lens of my poor photography the are a bright wine red with bright light blue/white spots along the body.

The front two pairs of legs are also bright white although that doesnt show well in the picture.

6. OP
    OP
    EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

Oh and for those of you wondering I do or will be selling almost all of these

Sakura red: always available
    Fire red: almost always available
    Painted fire red: not for sale
    Orange pumpkin: expecting to be selling in late September
    Yellows: next batch should be available by early to mid August
    Blue pearls: same as above
    Blue dream velvet: November at the earliest
    Snowball: late September
    Cardinal: December hopefully

7. stargazerwolf

stargazerwolfValued MemberMember

Ooooo I will likely be looking at getting some of the blue dream velvets when you have them, I also love the cardinal but I'm not sure if I will be able to make the water just right and I'd want a whole other tank for them. I know those are pretty pricey so I will probably not get those for a long time lol.

8. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

I just ordered my blue dreams, would deffinately be interested in getting some later this year to keep the gene pool strong!
    Yours look great, what colour substrate do you keep them on?

9. OP
    OP
    EricV

EricVFishlore VIPMember

Bare glass :)

10. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

Their colour is really nice, I'm afraid mine will get lost in the black substrate when I get them, at least until their numbers increase.

11. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Wow, really nice cardinals! They all look great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice