GIPSY

93.jpg

L

susitna-flower
Beautiful!!

armadillo
Oh wow! They are so pretty.

0morrokh
Very pretty girls. Those pics are so cute!

Tazmiche
Oh my word they are sooooooo pretty!!

Those pebbles in the pic of Pinky, did you buy them like that or put the together yourself?? I LOVE them!!

COBettaCouple
Beautiful Bettas! My favorite pic is the one of Pinky - definitely a good one for the monthly photo contest.

lili70
I did it with a aquarium-safe silicon.
Thanks.
L

pamd
Wow! What gorgeous photos of your beautiful betta girls! I can't decide my favorite, but definitely each of the four girlies and your photos are contenders for Photo of the Month!

That'll be a tough sell though, since bettas have been so often chosen for Photo of the Month relative to all the many fish species. I know we have our betta photo thread but I think we need our own Betta of the Month Photo thread in addition!!! (Moderators, please!)

I love, love the closeups of Pinky and Topaz. Each girlie was probably thinking something different when you took the pictures, but it looks to me like they were both thinking something irreverent. Perhaps Topaz thought, "Can you drop that .... that .... that ... THING you're pointing at me into the water so I can investigate it further? No? Okay, I'll give you a kissy anyway." Maybe Pinky was *angry* and would have preferred to bite your camera as well as your hand!

Saphira and Gypsy are not outdone by Pinky and Topaz. The photos of them are awesome, too!

I have previously admired your fish photos. Do you or others who have provided gorgeous betta photos want to provide some tips? I have a decent camera and lens, but have never gotten any aquarium photos as nice as yours. (I use a Nikon D80 and usually an 18-200 mm Nikkor lens).

COBettaCouple
LOL.. I'd go for a Betta of the Month contest, but I'm just a tiny bit partial to Bettas.. Wouldn't hurt to ask Mike, though.

LuvaBetta
I love the picture of Saphira's face! Betta faces are sooooo cute, I passed up a beautiful boy once because his head was so dark I couldn't see his face.

Allie
Beautiful cuties!

0morrokh
That'll be a tough sell though, since bettas have been so often chosen for Photo of the Month relative to all the many fish species. I know we have our betta photo thread but I think we need our own Betta of the Month Photo thread in addition!!! (Moderators, please!)

Hmm that's a good idea. If we decide to go with the idea we could just start a thread where everyone can post their best Betta pic if they want, and then at the end of a predetermined amount of time add a poll to vote on the best pic. That way Mike wouldn't have to create another gallery just for Bettas.

Tazmiche
Well that would be a tough call as every pic and Betta I see melts my heart!! I'd be rubbish at voting!!!!

0morrokh
Well that would be a tough call as every pic and Betta I see melts my heart!! I'd be rubbish at voting!!!!

COBettaCouple
LOL.. I think you'd be great at voting - you'd vote for all of them.. you'd just be rubbish at NOT voting.

Tazmiche
Blush!!! So far I only have only have one creature I have no time for. A horse at our yard, he is evil sadly. He had been used as a hunt horse so not too loved but no matter how kind you are to him he will try to boot or bite you. I'm 5ft3......he is 18'2" top of my head doesn't reach his shoulders!!

LuvaBetta
Wow! 18 hands? Are you sure he isn't part elephant?

0morrokh
Blush!!! So far I only have only have one creature I have no time for. A horse at our yard, he is evil sadly. He had been used as a hunt horse so not too loved but no matter how kind you are to him he will try to boot or bite you. I'm 5ft3......he is 18'2" top of my head doesn't reach his shoulders!!

that's HUGE!!

Tazmiche
Yes huge and not a slight horse, not fat but a big framed thing. Shame he's nasty as he is stunning to see!

COBettaCouple
Perhaps you should show him a bucket of glue and tell him "Now it's time for you to behave well, understood!?"
Yes huge and not a slight horse, not fat but a big framed thing. Shame he's nasty as he is stunning to see!

Tazmiche
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaa!!! Or a one way ticket to a French bistro!!!

COBettaCouple
how true! how true!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaa!!! Or a one way ticket to a French bistro!!!

Tazmiche
:eekoor big pony!!! So much for the season of good will!!!im:;rudolph

LuvaBetta
I kept an ex-racehorse of my brother's for about six months. I love horses, but that was the meanest animal that ever drew breath. At the bistro, she'd probably find a way to posthumously choke someone!

Tazmiche
I kept an ex-racehorse of my brother's for about six months. I love horses, but that was the meanest animal that ever drew breath. At the bistro, she'd probably find a way to posthumously choke someone!

HAHA hilarious!!! i'm sure this one would too!!!
When I saw it today I felt very guilty about these posts until his ears went flat back at me!!!!

COBettaCouple
perhaps you should print out this thread for him, or put up a poster advertising a new French bistro.

HAHA hilarious!!! i'm sure this one would too!!!
When I saw it today I felt very guilty about these posts until his ears went flat back at me!!!!

Tazmiche
lol!!!

I don't trust this horse AT ALL and don't like him. Sad part is horses aren't evil by nature so his behaviour has been a learnt defence system against humans. How awful is that!!..............
My Pony isn't ridden a lot and is spoilt/as in grooming /diet/bedding/winter rugs etc................this other beast has that too NOW but his past must have been horrid to change a nature gentle creature into a demon!!

LuvaBetta
I agree; I guess in the racing world they're a commodity that either earns money or doesn't. They're not socialized, they're not pets. So it's not surprising she was hostile and uncooperative. I just don't know where the desire to kill came from!

Kind of familiar, no? They're not pets, they're just unaware, instinctive creatures... Sounds a lot like "They're only fish" !

COBettaCouple
yea, every animal deserves good treatment and care. People who can't do that should be sent to the fish planet.

0morrokh
yea, every animal deserves good treatment and care. People who can't do that should be sent to the fish planet.

Lol for sure....

I hate that there are people with attitudes like "it's only an animal so that justifies this"...well yeah it's an animal, people are animals too, doesn't mean we don't care about them (well hopefully not)....what is so "ONLY" about a living, feeling animal?

Kay that's my animal rights rant for today.

COBettaCouple
Part of my beliefs is that we should take good care of the earth, which means treating all animals with caring and the most humane treatment, including animals raised for food and we should be caring for the environment and keeping it healthy not destroying it and the animals in it.

pamd
perhaps you should print out this thread for him, or put up a poster advertising a new French bistro.

;D And if you print out this thread, he will see this post:

Be sure to show him the picture of Pinky's glued rocks! Very appropriate!

Actually, I'd love to see a picture of the beast. I, too, am a horse lover. Perhaps you could post one in the Our Other Pets forum here so we don't get further off-topic in this thread? (And I know I'm an off-topic culprit, too.)

Tazmiche
lol pamd, he is a VERY handsome horse BUT even after me giving him christmas carrots he still flattened his ears, snarled and launched out at me.!!
To be honest, I feel sad for him!!

COBettaCouple
yea, he could be getting love & attention.
lol pamd, he is a VERY handsome horse BUT even after me giving him christmas carrots he still flattened his ears, snarled and launched out at me.!!
To be honest, I feel sad for him!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
Azedenkae
Replies
Views
janoue
Replies