Update on the Four Used 10 Gallon Tanks

1. jcmguy Member Member

So I used vinegar and got the four tanks as clean as I need them. Now I plan on painting on a black background on the tank with paint I can scrape off in the future. Any suggestions on what type of paint to use?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. WiFi Well Known Member Member

I've heard of people using Krylon Fusion for spraying the back of the tank. Self bonds to glass!

3. jcmguy Member Member

Don't you think that'd be a little messy? MotoDude104

4. petaddiction Well Known Member Member

I assume you just tape the corners so it doesn't get on the glass or corners. Then you can remove the tape. You could also cover the sides in a plastic trash bag or put paper on the side while you paint if your worried about messiness/clumsiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. jcmguy Member Member

Alright. Thanks. I'll buy a couple cans the next time I'm out and get to work.

I've got some painter's tape already so that'll work perfectly.

6. petaddiction Well Known Member Member

good luck!
    what is being put in them?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. WiFi Well Known Member Member

@jcmguy

No, bag and tape it off, spray just the back! Or if you were going to do the sides too than you can do that too! Krylon Fusion dries very quick and it shouldn't take more than one coat, maybe two. Its cheap and very effective. This is what my LFS uses to do their tanks.

I just wouldn't recommend using it INSIDE the tank unless you clear coat it with fish safe sealer!